• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

How do I weld in my seat belt tabs?

Marty57

PATRON
Nipomo, Ca
Maybe this is obvious and I'm just missing something but ..... I have seat belt tabs from Jay at Javron for my 2+2 and I'm not sure how to weld them in for side-by-side seating. I need to weld in four for the front seat and four for the back seat onto a tube that runs across the fuselage from side to side. The pictures show the tabs and the tube I need to weld them to. Do I just round the angled edge and butt weld to tube? Should I bend the tab abut an inch from the end and weld the tab like an "L" onto the tube? Does the tab go straight up or angled forward? Of course, nothing in the plans as it suggests using Cessna 172 seats that I guess have the belts attached to the seats (not good). Not sure the best way to go about this. Any suggestions or, even better, some pictures would be a great help.
Thanks,
Marty57

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• tab1.JPG
    tab1.JPG
    308.6 KB · Views: 384
  • tab2.JPG
    tab2.JPG
    270 KB · Views: 423
attachment.php
attachment.php

This is how they go Marty. They rap around the tube that you are attaching it to.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 373
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 386
Back