• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Dan Carroll's Javron Cub Project

Darrel Starr

Plymouth, MN
My good friend, Dan Carroll (hangar is two doors down from Doctor Randy's) is getting with it building his Javron PA-11. He is looking at power from a Lycoming O-233 or possibly the ACE O-340. He is a meticulous nut case so this might take a while. The picture shows a "practice" set of floor boards, not the final set -- see what I mean?
Dan Carroll's Floor Boards.jpg

Attachments

• Dan Carroll's Floor Boards.jpg
    Dan Carroll's Floor Boards.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 275
I'd go with the ACE O-340.

The 0-340 seems to be a good option given the horse power and total weight. Gross weight though is a concern and this experimental will be limited to 1320 GW unless of course the proposed Pilot Protection 2 is approved. ;-) Dan

He is a meticulous nut case so this might take a while. The picture shows a "practice" set of floor boards said:
19139[/ATTACH]
A perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black...

:lol:

Thank heavens for meticulous nut cases!

Randy

Hey Dan...

Congratulations on getting rolling. You guys have a great group up there at Anoka. Tons of experience and knowledge. It will be a showplane for sure. I'll be up there, end of the month, and would love to drop in and see it. Hope it works out.

Keep us posted with lots of pictures....PLEASE....

Bill

Hey Dan...

Congratulations on getting rolling. You guys have a great group up there at Anoka. Tons of experience and knowledge. It will be a showplane for sure. I'll be up there, end of the month, and would love to drop in and see it. Hope it works out.

Keep us posted with lots of pictures....PLEASE....

Bill

Thanks Bill. Look forward to seeing you. Cheers. Dan

Sounds cool. So because is a PA-11 will have same birdcage/spars through the cabin?

Sounds cool. So because is a PA-11 will have same birdcage/spars through the cabin?

Correct. In fact the spar attach point is just about the only PA-11 part of the airframe. Everything else is a basic PA-18. If I had to do it all over again I would have ordered the experimental PA-18 airframe.

Back