• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Building my door

Larry G

Minocqua WI
I started building my doors and after I got it all tacked welded together I noticed the handle was going the wrong way. Do you think it would make much difference pulling up on the handle instead pushing down to open? I have a really nice weld on the handle is why.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 177
Your hand holding the handle up might be in the way when your trying to close and align both top and bottom door halfs.

Glenn

Huskys have a door handle like that. Works fine, as Steve says, if you're used to a cub, it's a bit awkward at first, but you get used to it.

i sure wouldn't tear apart a perfectly good piece just for that.

MTV

I wouldn't let a "really nice weld" keep me from building it the way I want. If you want it like a cub then do it over.

Fixed the handle

It was bugging me to much had to change 😊

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 180
Did you consider putting a handle on the outside, so you could open things up from the right side without reaching through from the left?

Jim W

P1020638.jpg

No handle on the outside went with the Allen key. I was going to use a security screw but I said to heck with it. A security screw has two little holes in the face of it. You can always find an allen key but a security screw would be a little to find out on a trip when you lose it.

I had someone in my Cub and they turned the handle up and before I could say"the other way" they cranked so hard they broke it. Had to cut the fabric to fix it. Now ONLY the captain operates the door.:evil:

I had someone in my Cub and they turned the handle up and before I could say"the other way" they cranked so hard they broke it. Had to cut the fabric to fix it. Now ONLY the captain operates the door.:evil:

I didnt know your wife went with you

Glenn

Same thing happened to me on my 185.SAME RULES NOW APPLY!

If you push on the washer and compress the spring it will come out.

Attachments

• 38.JPG
    38.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
Back