• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

neat sunk cub recovery story... 3 parts

That really is a neat story. I read that this morning from our cabin where it is about zero and the dog doesn't want to go out. I downloaded the articles with 4G. What a different world we live in now in many ways.

They worked for weeks under very brutal conditions to save a Super Cub. I learned to fly in that time period and remember reading ads in Trade A Plane for brand new Super Cubs for about $25000. What would have been the value of a used one then? My dad settled on a Pacer rather than a PA18.

It brought back some other memories too like the mention of the 3 horse Johnson outboards. We had one when I was a kid and at times it wouldn't take us upstream because the current was faster than the motor.

Thanks for the link.

Great story that has a lot of meaning to me. I was 10 years old at the time and lived about 8 miles to the Northwest of Bradly Lake on the north side of Kachemak Bay. I remember my dad and a friend of his flying into Bradly Lake to take a look at the recovery operation that was going on. We have a picture of the tail sticking up out of the ice, not much to see. It was later that year that my dad got his pilots licence in his pa-12. Brings back a lot of old memories. Thanks for sharing the articles. Eddy

Back