• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Ever Seen These Documents w/your Super Cub?

Steve Pierce

BENEFACTOR
Graham, TX
Browsing through the paperwork of a 1982 Super Cub. Everything is there including the warranty and Post Delivery Inspection and First Impression Survey. Cool stuff. 8)
Post Delivery Inspection.jpg

Delivery Tags.jpg

Super Cub Flight Computer.jpg

Attachments

• Original Super Cub Placards and Flight Computer.pdf
    686.8 KB · Views: 332
  • Post Delivery Inspection.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 217
  • Post Delivery Inspection.jpg
    Post Delivery Inspection.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 1,016
  • Delivery Tags.jpg
    Delivery Tags.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 990
  • Super Cub Flight Computer.jpg
    Super Cub Flight Computer.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 1,052
I picked up a 1981 Super Cub that had the Post delivery and some of the similar tags you show... I will have to thumb back through the logs and see what other goodies were in it. I did not see a power chart or cruising chart with mine.

That is really neat Steve! I'm sure most of that stuff was pitched in the first trash can for "working" airplanes, no sentimentality in the office. I would guess the logs are very complete also!

Neat stuff Steve. Your serial number 18-8209012 brings up questions. I've been under the impression that the first digits after 18- denote the year of manufacture and the remainder digits are the actual serial number. I've worked on and flown 18-8009010. Looking at the FAA site the serial numbers do not seem to be in sequence when the year of manufacture is included and considered. For example there is a 1979 year with serial 9193 (18-7909193) which appears to be out of sequence. Does anyone know how many were built by Piper?

You have to look in the PA18 parts manual for it to make sense. The early airplanes did not have the year figured into the serial number but were just sequenial. When they started using the year as the first few numbers they started at 9000 for each year. This particular airplane went to EDO with 3.9 hours on it where they installed the floats. There is correspondance where the drawings for the float installation on the PA18 were incorrect and had to be resubmitted to the FAA. It then went to Youngstown, Ohio.

is there a back side to that post delivery inspection sheet Steve? If so I'd like to see it.

Steve I have been looking for a power chart like that for a long time. I assume it's set up for the standard cruise prop (Sensenich 74x56) that I understand comes with the S'cub.

One thing that confuses me is that along the top of the chart, it gives two engine series: O-320 "series" (150 hp) and O-320 B series (160 hp). Does that mean the chart applies to both engine sets? Or is there a back side to this chart?

Thanks.

Steve I have been looking for a power chart like that for a long time. I assume it's set up for the standard cruise prop (Sensenich 74x56) that I understand comes with the S'cub. Thanks.
You should assume the stock 74x56 since there is no manifold pressure mentioned.

That is both sides of the computer. My Dad runs a 150 hp O-320 with a 58" prop on his pA16 and says it is pretty close to what he sees on fuel burn. I don't think the pitch would have much effect on fuel burn unless it is a crazy pitch would it?

Back