• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

spliceing trim cables

bogey

WA state
i have the cable and want to learn how to do it myself. anyone know how or better yet a video link on how to do it thanks. ive searched and came up empty.

I have not tried end splicing a cable as small as a trim cable. It will take a great deal of patience and practice. I would practice on some test pieces before tackling the final product. Google is your friend. Try "cable splicing". I came up with this: Splitsar.png
and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPaayLAS-lA Granted the video is of splicing rope. The method is the same.

Good luck and please report back with your result.

Attachments

• Splitsar.png
    Splitsar.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 89
I have never done it either... However, I watched a local guy that we hired splice a 3/8 continuous cable for our revolving hanger floor... Fascinating process... The splice itself is within 30 feet or so of the 163 foot loop of cable...

Brian

i think ive got all the info i need....now just to see if i get too frustrated before i get good.....thanks guys.

Kenny Cassens tried to teach me a Navy Tuck splice on 1/8" cable when I hung around the Aerodrome. Mine never looked like his but he had been doing it for years. I do remember that I never knew that my hands could bleed from so many places.

Glenn

Back