• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

My new Wag 2+2 builders log web site

Marty57

PATRON
Nipomo, Ca
For those of you who might have followed any of my build on line I have a new web site. I set up my own site after the blog host I have used for many years made some big changes. With the new site I have brought forward all my past posts and much, much more. It's a work in progress but ready to debut. Check it out and let me know what you think. I'll be adding more soon including downloads of my CAD drawings.

http://www.marty2plus2.com/

Thanks,
Marty57

Marty That's great . Its a lot of work just building a plane let alone a web site about it too. Thanks Doug

Thanks for the comments guys. I didn't like how the blog was set up so the company changing gave me a good reason to re-do the site. Next I need to add my drawings but it's mostly finished. I hope it's helpful; just trying to give back to this community for all the help I have gotten.
Marty57

Looks great Marty, I had a thought when looking at the picture of your fuel tank installation. Try to hold the wing in the correct wash out twist, while you are gluing the sheer plate in place. This will minimize any distortion when the wing is installed. I would hate to see a small wrinkle in the sheer plate after all that beautiful work.

Skywagon,
Good point on the washout, I've had the wing blocked for washout for every gluing step so far so I thanks for the reminder. With the wing right-side-up the block is under the rear spar at the last aileron rib. Where would it go when the wing is up-side-down; front spar root rib? Maybe block the spars equal to the wash out block and let the spar at the outer aileron rib drop the correct amount? Thanks for taking a look at the site.

Marty57

This could get confusing, when the wing is upside down, since the spars have different heights. Why don't you get an accurate angle measurement while the wing is right side up, then just use that angle and block accordingly? Make sure that you don't twist backwards while upside down.

Back