• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

North East Ski flying/ 2014 Fly Ins

wirenuts

Berkshire County Mass
Hey everyone!! Seems I cant wait to get out on those skis again. I was looking for some upcoming ski fly Ins and have to look pretty hard to find some places to ski fly. I see on the 1St of February is the Rangley Maine fly in and the 9th is Bowman (b10) in Maine does anyone have others to post?

Dave

We do a few every winter. Never had any luck weatherwise planning ahead so we announce on Thursday or Friday when it looks doable. Where are you out of Dave?

Glenn

Hey Glenn, I am out of western Mass (kgbr) I think I am an hour or so from u guys up North. Maybe some folks can put up a post here so I can stay in the loop. If there is snow and bon fire I will travel!! Keep me posted.

Dave

Hey Glenn, I am out of western Mass (kgbr) I think I am an hour or so from u guys up North. Maybe some folks can put up a post here so I can stay in the loop. If there is snow and bon fire I will travel!! Keep me posted.

Dave

Will do. What are you flying?

Glenn

I think we met at the last Kline Kill breakfast, flying a Citabria? Maybe Tim's got a couple of stickers left. Got to have a sticker. Jim

Yup, u are right. The blue and white citabria. Pretty cool to see Tim's plane take off in about 8-1/2 ft. We will catch up over the winter and do some flying.

David

David,
As a former KGBR resident and employee, I welcome you to the New England Division of SC.org.

Oh yes it was lot of fun playing in the snow today fellas!! It was beautiful here and need to figure out how to post these darn pictures. That guy in Upstate NY is an expert photographer and computer down loader of the camera.. HaHa

Dave 2013 cell phone photos 093.jpg

Attachments

• 2013 cell phone photos 093.jpg
    2013 cell phone photos 093.jpg
    764.7 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Yup, I'm so good I got 2 threads going with the same heading

Glenn
I was curious about this Thread, we could have kept it going though out the year with all these cool pictures? I was thinking maybe you were looking for just publicity? But being a newbe and all I thought I would not say a thing, However the title could have been something like" check out GlENN's 2014 ski adventure!! Lmao

Can't go ski flying there's not enough snow. On the ice on Sacandaga reservoir. Me, cruiser, Glenn and Joe

nz2btc.jpg

On the way home I stopped to see Pat ( Tuffy ) one of the characters on Building Wild. ( NatGeo )

4qpfmu.jpg

Hello can you tell me how the trick air skis work on your plane , looking to put a set on a a1b husky

thanks gerry

Yup, u are right. The blue and white citabria. Pretty cool to see Tim's plane take off in about 8-1/2 ft. We will catch up over the winter and do some flying.

David
Hey David. How do you like your trickair's? Are they difficult to install? What did the installation cost?

Stew

Trick air skis

Hello Stew, These ski's on my citabria were installed on a weekend. Basically a 6-8 hour day and the log book entry paperwork along with your weight and balance and your done. They are rather simple to install and once the mounting attachment is complete (which I leave on) they come on and off in about 15 minutes so there is not a lot of work if mother nature does not send us that white stuff. I would recommend these skis to anyone in the market for a wheel penetrating ski.. I have only had them a few years now but enjoy them every time I get a chance to fly in the snow. As to the installation I have a A&P mechanic as a friend that I assisted in putting mine on so I can only tell you the hours it took to install.

Dave R

Sports bar on the northwest corner. Look for big circles on the ice where they have races

Went there today. Landed in the northwestern corner then closer to the south. Braking action nil for little RV wheels had to turn around couple times to point nose in right direction. Thanks Tim for a great tip.

1.jpg2.jpgherding.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 152
  • herding.jpg
    herding.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 177
Joe and I went up to Speculator for breakfast on Sat

Then to Sport Island to meet up with Tim the Jim

Then Joe and I went to Capt Nauties

We ran into a few flurry's on the 30 mile trip back to my place, had to hide Joe from the snow for a while

Went to the pancake breakfast at the Ames FD today, landed in the hayfield behind the church. They do between 1000 to 1300 breakfasts by 1pm. Lots of fun but you have to get there by 8:15 or the line is out the door.

Between the squalls

So far winter here sucks for ski flying but making the best of it. Sap House opens soon.

Glenn

Last edited:
Very nice, I might just have to find out where you all live so I can be ready to go flying.. I see a pattern here so far. Flying is Every Saturday and most evenings so it might be easier than I think to hook up and fly. We have barely any snow here so the ski's are not much use as of yet.. Patiently waiting!!
Dave R

Back