• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

lycoming flange prop lugs

ron

Wanaka,NZ
Am trying to remove prop lugs from my aerosport power 0 375 so I can fit longer lugs for my prince wooden prop.Any suggestions gratefully received!:lol:

I Just did this on my 0-320 so I can install a catto prop (someday) I used a short piece of tubing about 1"diameter X 3/4" long and stacked washers on top of it. Then with a short an-6 bolt start pulling the lug out from the rear. I had to put a bolt in from the front side also and tap gently on it with a hammer as I applied pressure with the bolt from the rear. Hopefully this makes sense.

Here is a photo

IMG_06122.jpg

Bill

Thanks for the great and quick replies.Problem,the head of the lug catches on the crankcase and consequently the lug cannot be fully withdrawn.Am I missing something???

It is REALLY close. Rotate the engine so the lug is at 11 or 1 oclock if I remember correctly.

Bill

It worked thanks Bill,had to grind a little off the flange on each of the lugs though.This was approved by the lug manufacturer.About 2-30 to 3 oclock worked for me!

Back