• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Weekend Fun

cubdriver2

FRIEND
upstate NY
Saranac Lake area. Stopped in to a friends and spent the night at a couple camps.

View from the shore

Lock

Campers

Spent the night here

Life is Good

Glenn

Beautiful place.. I looked at it on Google Earth but can't tell which lake you are on. Is it lower Saranac or Colby?

Left work Thusday afternoon to head to the Adirondacks with Tom in his J3. I don't know why but I lot of my flying pictures start out with the same first line.

Weather was a little iffy at first.

This is what we were looking for, Swansons Dam on the West Canada Creek. This picture was taken on the way home the next day when the vis was better.

After running up and down a few valleys we found it just before dark. I landed first. First time either of us had been in there. Tom landing behind me.

Looking for a place to beach.

Home sweet home

Went for a swim and threw dinner on the fire.

Might be the best ribeye I ever cooked

Next morning we did a little fishing

Heading out

My favorite rock

Long lake

And when your on Long Lake ALWAYS remember to secure your airplane before you walk a 1/2 mile away. Tom swimming like an olympian.

Great couple days

Glenn

Last edited:
My first airplane ride was off Long Lake in 1956. I was ten. My father and his friend took us kids camping on 13th Lake. Jeez, only 57 years ago and I remember it like it was........50 years ago.

Great pics. Thanks Glenn

Rich

What a gorgeous cabin Glenn ! I'd get there and never leave.. 'till my rum ran out anyhow!

I see those eye brows on air intake behind prop.bannertower told me this really helps cool Ted

Cubdriver, What kind of fish were you catching? Brooktrout, bass,walleye. Great looking place.

The little bit of tackle I keep in my J4 was for bass so the fishing didn't have any catching. I'm going back better armed next week.

Glenn

Hey Glenn, there IS a calendar coming up... :)

Great shots. I was in Minnesota this weekend and being up there, then seeing these pictures, really makes me miss float flying!

sj

We have been blessed with some amazing weather the last couple days. Sunday the wife unit and I jumped in the J4 and went north looking for color. We had some color change at home so it should be better up north. Or so we thought.

Lk George

Lk Champlain

Dave's seaplane base 100 yards from the mouth of the Winooski river and Lk Champlain

Had lunch on Dave's boat in Burlington marina

Headed back thru the Adirondacks

Found a little color on Indian Lk

Did about 350 miles and not a bump in the sky.

Glenn

Glen, Great pictures your a very lucky guy. I think the Adirondacks are just beautiful. Enjoy the nice weather. I suppose it won't be to long before it changes.

Jon

Great pics Glenn. Yes, you have some great country to fly about. West Virginia should have some fall colors here in a few weeks but sadly, no lakes and water like you have.
I thought I saw your J4 back on wheels?

Back