• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Fuel pump

pitts12driver

San Francisco, CA
I'm thinking of adding a Facet low pressure fuel pump as a back up to the engine driven pump on my O-375. I also figure, I can use the solenoid primer that way, and not have a fuel line connected to my instrument panel (as in a manual primer).

I've read all the other posts on fuel pumps, but I'm curious if any other experimental builders are doing this.

thx

Adam

i used the facet pump and solenoid on my last 2 for priming. works great, but i didn't run a fuel pump for the engine so long as gravity keeps working i have had no issues on my 0360.i also have a headerless system and see 16.5-17gph in the climb.

I'm thinking of adding a Facet low pressure fuel pump as a back up to the engine driven pump on my O-375.

Is this on a Cub with a carburetor? Why would you want a fuel pump on the engine at all?

A facet pump will operate a solenoid primer very nicely.

I'm thinking of adding a Facet low pressure fuel pump as a back up to the engine driven pump on my O-375. I also figure, I can use the solenoid primer that way, and not have a fuel line connected to my instrument panel (as in a manual primer).

I've read all the other posts on fuel pumps, but I'm curious if any other experimental builders are doing this.

thx

Adam
I`ve had a Facet pump on my Vans` RV-8 for 15 yrs. (carburetor) puts out 6 psi.---VANS sells them----$45.00----works well-lasts a long time---John F.

I have always wondered if a fuel pump would help my configuration,at extreme climb deck angles my engine runs out of gas,lower the nose and away it goes. A stock super cub I flew in alaska did the same thing although it did have gap tape on the elevator.

More stuff to break and take care of. I would KIS. Manual primer works when the battery doesn't. If on floats, nice to know can start up (battery dead.. uh-oh) without drifting somewhere you don't want to go. Just some thoughts.

Back