• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Tail brace wire assembly

Larry G

Minocqua WI
I received my tail brace wires from D&E Aircraft. The hole in the clevise that attaches to the stabilizer is much larger than the bolt that will going through it. The plans #12769 stabilizer specks out a .191 hole and the plans #40521 clevises specks out .266 hole. Does this seem to be a lot of play for this or am I missing something?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 395
Apparently a lot of folks notice that, then just get a drill and drill out the stabilizer. Yow! Gives me a chance to practice my welding.

The (4) bushings are there so that you can tighten the bolt without pinching the clevis. The clevis needs to be able to move to remain in line with the brace wire because the stabilizer moves while trimming. Otherwise the constant bending will cause fatigue cracking and breakage.

You might have to go to Univair for that part. Or Stoddards.

Bill

Hi Bill
Did Jay from Javron have a tail brace hardware pack with yours? I could get it from him I need to go up there anyway.

Good point Skywagon!

Horz_Tail_Brace_Wire_Fitting.jpg

Larry G
Good time to get hold of Northland drawings All these bushings found in a cub are spec on the drawings

Order tubing from wherever and have it on hand not too many sizes to accumulate so it works great
GAry

Back