• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Inst Panel for CC EX

C130jake

BENEFACTOR
Four Corners Wyoming
Hi all,

Dad and I are working on a CarbonCub EX. The "My Panel" comes with

Trig TY91 VHF Radio - 2¼"Trig TT21 Mode S XPDR - 2¼"
UMA Airspeed Indicator - 2¼"
Winter Altimeter - 2¼"
Dedicated Power Circuit
Digital Tachometer - 2¼"
Digital Oil Pressure/Temp - 2¼"
Mounting Panel*

I like the look of their panel and it works great for an iPad.

Cubcrafters price is 14k. I priced the individual components around $7000. I'm looking for advise on building my own panel. I'm going to an EAA elect/avionics class in April. How much extra expense is there making and wiring up my own panel? I plan on using an iPad and Levil's iLevel when it comes out. (Going to their shop in Fla next week to check it out)

CC panel would take any guess work out and no doubt speed up the build. How much extra time and headaches am I going to get into if I build myself? Any thoughts on other small lightweight radio/xpdr options instead of the Trig units?

Im not an A&P nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night...just a dumb commercial pilot.

thanks in advance

Jake

KTWM

Panel and a paint job are the two best ways to make it your plane. As always, consider resale when you don't use the kit makers setup. You should do just fine on your own, just a lot of connect the dots/lines.

Back