• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

ram air

.. and I don't already have "ram air" with a forward facing air box inlet? That said.. my old Yugo UTVA 66 - V51's have filtered air.. and RAM air.. if you think you're in clean enough air to move the lever that is.

Also known as cold air induction? Folks have been doing this for years on hi-performance birds. Only thing innovative there is the ability to switch to filtered air or alternate air, in addition to straight down the pipe. Thats kind of neat.

Working on this for the race sled... still in "intensive pre-build engineering" mode, (means need a few more beer sessions to work out the details).

On a plane it is not a big deal, as the mixture can be adjusted at all speeds, but for things without mixture controls it is a challenge, because as you switch you change the fuel air mix big time.

On the sled I am trying to figure out what to do when I am in the snow storm behind a guy... lots of stuff flying around, and if I put it through the tubes to the carb it will cause lots of moisture... If I have a way to shutter it I lose power due to rich mixture...

I was told in the Auto Race world it is called SCRAM AIR.

Scuba tank
How many beer izzat worth?
Any more prob's? :)

not sure that im as big a fan of it as it looks but nice equipment.......the solution i like best has a calculated intake diameter based on need and speed....this then opens to a larger section that holds a filter....this size was determined by a pressure drop across the filter....and then gently brought to the carb....I think they saw another 1.5 inch increase in mp c
http://n91cz.net/airbox/airbox.htm

http://n91cz.net/

george you might be able to snag a college that participates in the formula racing programs...the engine size should be similar and they run a restrictor of some sort...they have outlined and many times publish how to create the same ram air filtered as unfiltered

.. and I don't already have "ram air" with a forward facing air box inlet? That said.. my old Yugo UTVA 66 - V51's have filtered air.. and RAM air.. if you think you're in clean enough air to move the lever that is.

I flew my friend's UTVA a couple of times. Gotta love that 48"/3400rpm on take off. Interesting airplane. Don

I had the Rod Bowers ram air intake on my RV7. Had the horizontal sump on the engine so it was a straight shot from intake scoop to the engine. It was good for a little over 1 1/2" MAP in cruise. Don't think it would add much to a Cub due to the low cruise speed. Don

Back