• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Baby bush wheel problems

cgoldy

Moogerah Queensland Australia
My baby bushwheel has benn kicking out easily ( not really a problem) but has been very hard to re- engage. It can be very embarrassing doing circles at the end of the strip trying to get it back in when your not expecting it.

So I pulled it to pieces to clean and lubricate. It all looked fine to me. Now I have lubed it up it is worse. I can hardly feel the detent.

Anyone had the same experience?

you might have a koala caught in the tail.I think Mike is right,it certainly will not be worn.:)

Do you have the bushwheel Pahl?

With the stock pahl it is hard to get it to grip, and release easily. It will do one, but not both well.

Aktango,

I just looked up on the bushwheel site and found two parts. A phal long and a pahl PO. I am not sure what you mean by a bushwheel pahl and how it would work.

Colin

Mike,

I have done this and it helped. But just by hand I can hardly feel the detent.

Colin

Mike,

I have done this and it helped. But just by hand I can hardly feel the detent.

Colin

pull it apart, either the spring latch is rounded on ends, or maybe it is soft and lost some of it's 'set' and is not engaging in the arm well, or maybe arm is worn round where it engages latch, I have filed those back to original shape before, but that adds more slop while in locked position unless you can shim latch spring enough...

I just "re-redid" my tailwheel again last month. The wheel would rotate 360 deg fine to the left, but hang up at 330ish deg to the right. My pahl had a slight machining burr on the rear left side. Cleaned it up with a file. Works good now. This was confirmed by akbushwheels as what to look for. I had 130hrs on a bushwheel overhaul kit.

Mike,

Right again. Spring seems to have been a little rounded and lost tension. I bent it out a bit that improved it and will order a new spring.

Thanks for the advice

Colin

Back