• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

RAF's Ryan Field

spinner2

Montana
For those who donated to the RAF support level in the calendar campaign and are familiar with Ryan Field, owned by the RAF through the generous donation of Ben and Butchie Ryan, here's a picture from the airstrip New Years Day morning 2013.

image.jpg

There are new caretakers living there now, as of last week. I gave Chad a ride around the area and he had a great time. A mile away is Glacier Park and as I landed I saw some lion hunters turn their dogs loose on a lion track. After landing I could hear the hounds not far away.

Plenty of fresh snow in the West Glacier area with about two feet of fresh stuff on the airstrip. Thanks to the RAF and its supporters we can use this excellent backcountry airstrip.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    791.9 KB · Views: 178
Wow, nice - picture perfect I'm thinking.... Heck, I'd volunteer for taking care of the place!! :)

Lion hunters with dogs?

How cruel, the part about not inviting me along!:lol:

I like organizations that spend time and money doing, not just talking. RAF seems to go out and do, not send lots of paper to me saying what they think they should be talking about...

Maybe some day I will visit that strip...

Wow, nice - picture perfect I'm thinking.... Heck, I'd volunteer for taking care of the place!! :)

I had intended to bring a 'real' camera but I'd forgotten it. This is an iPhone image. Ryan Field is a really neat place. The building in the background is covered cooking area with a wood stove inside and a couple of tables. An outhouse is just down the hill behind the building. The house is behind me a little ways from where I stood to take the picture. Great place to camp and there is a courtesy van available too to run into town or drive into the park.

Back