• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA11 Nose Bowl

Roger Peterson

Sweeny, Texas
Trying to find a Nose Bowl for the new PA11. Did any on the site ever make a plug and start making their own or have a idea of where I can pick one up other than Univair or a bad one from Wag.

If you get desperate I have a nice metal nose bowl that I think is from a Colt. Has an opening for the starter but no oil cooler, cannot see any part number on it. Dunno what the shape difference would be for Lyc/Cont. FWIW. Jim

If you get desperate I have a nice metal nose bowl that I think is from a Colt. Has an opening for the starter but no oil cooler, cannot see any part number on it. Dunno what the shape difference would be for Lyc/Cont. FWIW. Jim

Thanks, I may take you up on it. I have a bent up one from the last time my gear collapsed. I got out the body tools and am trying to perform a miracle with it. Just may get lucky

The Colt has a Lycoming engine and the PA11 has a continental. the nose bowls are different. the shapes are drastically different.

John

The bad ones from wag arent that bad, if they could just tune the mold a little to bend the lip inwards all the way around the outside edge so the cowling doors fit them a little better. Mine has stood up very well.

The bad ones from wag arent that bad, if they could just tune the mold a little to bend the lip inwards all the way around the outside edge so the cowling doors fit them a little better. Mine has stood up very well.

Doug,

How heavy is it compared to a Univair or metal one?

Thanks,
Andrew.

Andrew, my wag is mounted on the plane so i cant weigh it without taking it off. But tom at wag aero has always treated me great there and i bet if you asked him he would know or weigh one for you. I have a metal one in the shed that i could hang on a dairy scale if you want me too. I dont know how accurate it will be though, but should give somewhat of an idea for weight.

Last edited:
Andrew, my wag is mounted on the plane so i cant weigh it without taking it off. But tom at wag aero has always treated me great there and i bet if you asked him he would know or weigh one for you. I have a metal one in the shed that i could hang on a dairy scale if you want me too. I dont know how accurate it will be though, but should give somewhat of an idea for weight.

Doug,

The weight of the metal one you have would be great if you had a few spare moments.

Thanks,
Andrew.

I think I will be able to save this one. So far, I have only used a body hammer. Also here is a pict of it hanging on the scale.

P1020657.jpg

P1020658.jpg

Andrew, close to 2 lbs 2 oz. thats just the bare nose bowl with no air deflector for around the bottom of the case or any tube connections.

Gotta be lighter than a glass one. I have a note that a Pitts fibreglass nose cowl is 6.6 lbs. It isn't much bigger than a Continental Cub one........

Andrew.

Back