• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Has anyone considered?

I talked to John there today and he said the wing is the same for both planes, i.e. a 1600 lb wing but they needed to down rate the Super because of Candian requirements so you can build the plane to 1320 lbs in the US. Also said it will take an 0-200 and the finishe wight with that set engine would be around 600 lbs. Performance with a Rotax 912 100 hp will get 1800 FPM climb and he believes the 0-200 will do just a little less at gross with 8.00x6" tires. All in all, it sounds like a pretty cool plane. I like the big doors on both sides. The kit with popular options will run about $18K....plus engine...hmmmm....

I talked to John there today and he said the wing is the same for both planes, i.e. a 1600 lb wing but they needed to down rate the Super because of Candian requirements so you can build the plane to 1320 lbs in the US. Also said it will take an 0-200 and the finished weight with that engine would be around 600 lbs. Performance with a Rotax 912 100 hp will get 1800 FPM climb and he believes the 0-200 will do just a little less at gross with 8.00x6" tires. All in all, it sounds like a pretty cool plane. I like the big doors on both sides. The kit with popular options will run about $18K welding all done....plus engine...hmmmm....

I'm going to be in ID the last week of Jan 13 and I may just take a ride down there to take a closer look at them and I'll certainly accept a ride if offered. There is apparently a fellow in WA that is building one with an 0-200 and he split the cowl and made it look more cub like. That's kinda what I was thinking too.

I would be interested in what you think. Still have not found a kit plane which justifies cost/time for me!

My rivet gun is waiting for the day .....

This one takes all pulled rivets so your rivet gun will still be waiting. John said the wings a VERY easy to put together and the fuselage is all done except for clean up, prime and paint unless you get the powder coat option. The rest is just assembly....putting "tab A into slot B" I believe. The assembly manual seems to be pretty comprehensive from what I can see. He is sending me a CD with a sample of the manual.

I have a Cherrymax puller. Expensive little tool. Even have the Cherrymax depth gauge!

But, anything done at the factory is a good option nowadays. Thanks for the guidance.

I also asked if they could bump the width out to 30" and extend the legs and he said no since their jig was not adjustable and also the extra width would change how things fit together. I can fit in 27" but 30" would give me room to stretch out a little more. They apparently have a fair amount of room for gear in the back and CG is not critical in that regard.

Size matters to me when it comes to cockpits. That why a can't buy Japanese cars, real ones with a right wheel.

Hope they consider the larger seat.

Back