• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Primer fittings through firewall

d_kandle

FRIEND
Idaho
I have an AeroSport O360 and AS provided me with the primer installation parts. The last "T" fitting is a compression fitting. I was planning on going through the firewall with a bulkhead flare union (AN832-2D). How do I get between the two fitting types? Do I make a length of 1/8" copper tubing with compression at one end and flare at the other? Or is there some better way?

Use a AN819-2D sleeve and AN818-2D nut and flare the end of the copper tubing. The copper tubing can be flared just like aluminum tubing. Or you could do it as Mike describes.

Most installations are as mike says; line through the firewall. Rubber grommet and or rubber fuel line (hose) sleeve to keep it off the firewall. Better than attaching 1/8" line to a fixed point....

What Mike and nanook say is common. If you still want to place a bulkhead fitting in the firewall, you should coil the tubing between the engine and the firewall into 2 or 3 loops for strain relief. This is a common method on Cessnas and other types. It also works good, lasts a long time.

Back