• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Minnesota to New York in the morning

Grant

FRIEND
At Work.....
I'm headed to New York in the morning with a Scout on Amphibs. I expect to stop for the night around the Cleveland area. Anybody have any good suggestions for a place to stop for the night?

Grant if you get lost and end up down this way the hanger apartment is always available to orgers at OK18, some even know where the key is when I'm gone.

Land at Lorain County (LPR). We will take you out to supper and you can use my car. 440 452 6259. Note: don't buy fuel there. They are .50$ higher than everyone else.

Last edited:
If you have to land early, stop at KARB. We have a grass runway that leads right to my hangar. Guest room is yours.

Anne.

If your destination is Glens Falls those fellows have the floor in their hangar all polished up for their airplane to be back home. Jim

JiM

we were eating lunch at GFL today and swore I saw a Scout taxi in between stuffing our face. Seems like it was black

jim

I was with 2 GCBC's today, one is red/white and one is a deep purple or violet color, may look black from a distance. They would have returned to GF about 12:30 or 1 or so. Those two are partners in an amphib Scout that is currently at Wipaire, don't know if it is the airplane Grant is ferrying.

What a trip! Thanks Bill for picking me up in Ohio. For those of you who don't know Bill is an excellent host and his favorite thing to do is try new foods, especially vegetables. The trip was uneventful in a fantastic airplane. Jim, the guy in the scout when you called on he radio was the owner. I had just landed and he went up shortly after and then took me to lunch at The Docksider. I had a burger and beer then went to the Albany airport to catch a flight to DC where I sit now. Then on to Minneapolis. I'll be home by midnight. Thanksgiving everyone for he help!

What a trip! Thanks Bill for picking me up in Ohio. For those of you who don't know Bill is an excellent host and his favorite thing to do is try new foods, especially vegetables. The trip was uneventful in a fantastic airplane. Jim, the guy in the scout when you called on he radio was the owner. I had just landed and he went up shortly after and then took me to lunch at The Docksider. I had a burger and beer then went to the Albany airport to catch a flight to DC where I sit now. Then on to Minneapolis. I'll be home by midnight. Thanksgiving everyone for he help!

That was me calling if it was around 1:30-2:00

Glenn

Last edited:
I think the Docksider is Murrel's haunt, I am sure he is happy to have his airplane home. Glad you had a safe trip. Jim

Bill normally eats dry hamburgers. If you take him to a Chinese restaurant he will go to the Subway next door. 8)

Actually Grant is the one that eats DRY hamburgers. I have pickles on mine. So I did eat one of his fried pickles.

Grant;

What are your impressions on the amphib Scout? It always looked like pretty thin useful load on amphibs. Did you get it in the water at all on the way east?

Jim

Grant;

What are your impressions on the amphib Scout? It always looked like pretty thin useful load on amphibs. Did you get it in the water at all on the way east?

Jim

I did not get it wet. I like the airplane overall. Being a bigger guy the scout is comfortable. It gets off plenty short and lands short enough for me.

With all that water between Minnesota and New York....... You shoulda gotten it wet. ;) Darn insurance companies.

Hey Grant - sorry we missed you - The Docksider's a good haunt - glad you got to experience some of our local fair. Hopefully you won't be ferrying their repaired Scout back here again, but if you do, hollar!

Back