• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

FAA GA Survey

Anne

SE Michigan
Please take a few minutes and complete this survey. The FAA needs to know that we (little airplanes) are out there and active. Most of the answers will be "None," but it's still important to answer. Thanks!

Anne.

The FAA’s 34th annual General Aviation and Part 135 Survey for 2011 data is underway and available online at www.aviationsurvey.org.

"Reducing GA fatalities is a top priority of the FAA and our goal is to reduce the GA fatal accident rate by 10 percent by 2018,” said FAA Acting Administrator Michael Huerta. “By taking the time to participate in the FAA’s GA survey, owners and operators share valuable data that help the entire GA community.”

The survey is the only source of information on the activities of the GA fleet, including number of hours flown, and the reasons people fly. Data collected from the survey help determine funding for infrastructure and service needs, assess the impact of regulatory changes, and measure aviation safety. The survey is also used to prepare safety statistics and calculate the rate of accidents among GA aircraft.

Responses are private. The information will be used only for statistical purposes and will not be published or released in any form that would reveal an individual participant. Owners who did not fly their aircraft in 2011, have sold it, or are awaiting repairs should also respond to the survey.

Aircraft owners and operators who received a postcard invitation or survey by mail should respond as soon as possible by completing the survey on-line at http://www.aviationsurvey.org (use aircraft N-Number to login) or by mail with the postage-paid envelope. The survey closes on November 30, 2012.

An abbreviated survey form is also available for owners of multiple aircraft. If you own three or more aircraft and receive several survey forms, please call toll-free at 888-672-4493 or e-mail at infoaviation@aviationsurvey.org.

Remember guys, this survey is used to allocate funding...

we all complain that the FAA ignores us, well, this is the first step for us to be noticed.

Let them know we are out there!

Just a quick question...I logged onto the site and from what I am understanding this is for people that get a postcard in the mail asking to complete the survey. Not to sound dumber than I already am....Anne, are you wanting us to list our aircraft and complete the survey even without getting the mentioned postcard? Ok, 2 questions, for those of us with more than one aircraft would you like us to do a survey for each aircraft?

WW, not a dumb question at all - the survey is for everyone. I did not get a postcard, but got an email through the FAA Safety Team site. I think there's an abbreviated form for multiple-aircraft owners (lucky you!), but I don't know how to get to it. Please, if you don't feel like answering more than one survey, answer at least one - it only takes a few minutes.

Thanks!

Anne.

Anne,
I may be quilty of not fully reading those emails the FAA sends out.:oops: Most of the time I just scan them quickly for pertinent info and the they get deleted.
I did one survey but will go back and see if I can find the multiple one.
Thanks!
Keith

My e- mail said it would take a mere fifteen minutes.

If they would like it to be safer out here, how about opening up the FSDO? Back when GA was over twice as strong as it is now, you could walk in there with stupid questions, and they would take the time to help. Now you make an appointment. If there is anybody there, they answer the phone.

They are usually happy to see me - it looks lonely in there. Reducing accidents might happen if there was better quality contact between pilots and safety experts.

Back