• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

MT 3-Blade model #?

pitts12driver

San Francisco, CA
Hi Everyone -

I am a long time builder/restorer that has secretly coveted a Supercub on floats for years, so this past week at Oshkosh, I ordered a Javron kit from Jay. I've found this forum to be a superb source of information already.

I'm thinking about using the MT 3-blade on an O-375. I was wondering if anyone has the model # of the prop and the required governor handy. I can't seem to find that information on the board. I apologize if I've just searched carelessly.

I won't get my parts for about 4 months, but historically I'm a reasonably fast builder so will keep you posted with any relevant updates. I'm sure I'll have tons of questions.

best,

Adam

Get in touch with the Flight Resources guys. They sell the MT and can tell you whatever you need to know.

MTV

Whirlwind Aviation has a 2 blade composite C/S. Better performance than the MT three blade, lighter and less expensive. Don

I have a 0-360 in my Scout, with a MT 3 blade, model MTV-9-B/198-52, Woodard Gov model T210761 mine is a 198 diameter, on an experimental you could run the 200 dia, I think it is approved on a Husky at this time.

Jim

Take a close look at the Whirl Wind Aviation RV-10 CS. Very impressive 80" 2 blade.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. The whirlwind is a nice prop at a good price (as compared to the MT). It also weighs in at 42 lbs, considerable lighter than the MT's 57. However, the Whirlwind does have two RPM bands to avoid - 2600-2700, and 2050-2300 - which could be annoying. The MT is far less restrictive and considered to be smoother. I think I'm going to put this decision off for a while and gather a bit more data.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. The whirlwind is a nice prop at a good price (as compared to the MT). It also weighs in at 42 lbs, considerable lighter than the MT's 57. However, the Whirlwind does have two RPM bands to avoid - 2600-2700, and 2050-2300 - which could be annoying. The MT is far less restrictive and considered to be smoother. I think I'm going to put this decision off for a while and gather a bit more data.

The manual that came with my Whirlwind ground adjustable had the same rpm limitations in it. When I questioned them about it they sent me a revision without the rpm limitations. If I were you I would talk to Whirlwind about this. They make a superior product without any wood in the blades.

Another thing. Check the tubing in the first frame of your fuselage directly behind the firewall. My Javron fuselage tubing was in an X pattern crossing between the engine bolt attachment locations instead of Piper's method of a V layout. The X layout passes directly behind the governor pad so that I could not use a constant speed even if I wanted to, since the firewall has to have box cut into it for the governor to fit.

Back