• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Lost Package

Larry G

Minocqua WI
I made an order from Aircraft Spruce last week. It was to be here friday from UPS for the week end work I was planing. I call UPS Saturday
and did a trace on it and they have lost it dont Know where it is.:evil:

We avoid UPS around here, it might never come...

then through in AC spruce, and you are lucky to get the right part!

I used to have a lot of problems with split orders from Spruce because they would always be out of something but has been very good for several years. I use Fed Ex from Spruce because I get it a day earlier than UPS.

Seems simple. Reorder the same parts and return the lost package if/when it arrives. Spruce and UPS will be helpful in resolving the problem. Deal with it and move forward.

Last edited:
I've built three planes with most of the small parts coming via UPS from Aircraft Spruce. (I think they had to lay off 3 employees when I finished the Cub!) For the most part, the service from both has been excellent. Issues do happen, but my experience with customer service at Aircraft Spruce to address problems has been very good.

UPS has managed to destroy a brand new cylinder kit in the factory packaging, but Fed Ex has destroyed a brand new prop in the factory packaging. I found UPS to be the easier of the two to collect from, although neither of them play nice once you make a damage claim. Another time I had a prop shipped to me that the seller didn't package properly. It showed up with the prop tip hanging out of the end of the crate. The local UPS guys handled it with kid gloves and made sure it was not damaged despite the destroyed shipping crate. I really appreciated them looking out for me.

Took me 5 years to build my plane and one of these days I'll total up all the Aircraft Spruce receipts. I swear I kept them afloat for a few years. I can't say enough about the great service...never 1 problem and also very few times they didn't have what I needed. Very well run company with excellent customer service. My $.02

It's interesting how quickly we become used to fantastic service, such that any glitch causes great angst.. Having lived and worked in Cold Bay, AK for three years, where EVERYTHING, including the mail, came via Reeve Aleutians Air......generally pre broken.......

We never feared for our lives with Reeve, but just planned on things disappearing for indeterminate periods of time, and or arriving semi destroyed.

UPS and FedEx service in the lower 48 is just amazing to me. Not perfect, perhaps, but beats the heck outta anything else I've seen.

MTV

Back