• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New Mac

tophand

Northwest South Dakota
This really isn't a website question as much as a mac question. I really like the new mac I should have made the jump a long time ago. The one downside I have found is that I can't get the screensaver to work. If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks........Mike

System Preferences, Then Desktop and Screen Savers under Personal, Select the display style, Select the screen saver you want or download Pictures for the screen saver, then Select the time before the screen saver start, then hit test. It will save all your selections when you exit. If it does not start in the time you selected. Do a restart and it should work after the reboot.

Hey thanks. Once again I didn't ask the right question. I have the regular screensaver figured out, what I meant to ask was Is there a way to use the Super Cub screensaver?

thanks again.....Mike

No, not that I know of. If you could download all the picts off it you could import them into your screen saver, but I have never messed with the SC screensaver.

There is a directory on the cd called images I believe, copy that and point your screensaver to that directory.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

No wonder Cloudy calls you the Grand Poo bah of all things Super Cub. Thanks a bunch. I was trying the 2010 and it didn't have the images folder. I used the 2011 and it worked fine.

thanks again....Mike

Hey thanks. Once again I didn't ask the right question. I have the regular screensaver figured out, what I meant to ask was Is there a way to use the Super Cub screensaver?

thanks again.....Mike
You have to find the folder called "screen saver photos" and copy or save them there. In the upper right hand corner of the screen there's a little magnifying glass (spotlight) - click that and enter "screen saver photos", and the folder should show up in a list. Click on it, drag your photos in there. If you've already imported the photos into iPhoto, you will have to export them again to use them that way. Export is available from the file menu in iPhoto. (importing photos into iPhoto is a default action, unless you ask it not to).

Now, go back to system preferences, either the box with the gears in the application bar, or from the apple menu (upper left). Pick screen saver, open it and do as Mike described, but find the folder that you found earlier (screen saver photos) and select that, do a test and you should be good to go. Try the different display styles - mosaic, fade, etc.

Last edited:
Now that people are starting to us iPads , maybe they'll get over their prejudice against Macs. To me they were like J-3's. the basic essential that's straight forward.:)

Back