• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Alaska Airman's show here we come

aktango58

FRIEND
18AA
People are getting their schedule figured out, and making plans...

sounds like the National Guard needs to stand by, BigE says he is venturing north...

I don't know what I am doing... If I fly up on a smoker, I would be in Juneau... if I decide to drive I will be in Haines... If AKCliMBER or someone gives me a ride, I could be anywhere.

Question is, how many folks would like a place to stay enroute? Haines is by FAR the more comfortable... three great guest rooms with view of the airport, mountians and other stuff, 1,651' grass strip and an aircraft wash station... (even cub parts available if needed:cry:).

Yes, there is a garden shed and a dog house for BigE and others that are deserving...

Please send me your schedule and desire ifn you want to stop and visit. I will arrange fuel, even if it is in cans if we want to muster at Haines.

Please be aware that we do have the occational 'local' (moose, bear, coyote or wolf) on the runway... please be aware!

steve E,larry,ron,rick,and others have invaded rustic wilderness in the past,for the spring fling and are always welcome,although lodging won't be as plush as it was at the old digs!!! one hanger south of the old place,1200' log cabin,3000' ft brown hanger,(i finally got my priorities right this time)!! elevation 190' here,2000' gravel,good place to practice,60' trees on both ends. last few years it was tradition to make a run down to bush country (gentalmens club) in anc,but after the last one i will not be a part of this,the ones will go nameless to protect the innocent!!!!

ya'll come !!!

jr. :cheers

Dayum as usual I will be working. Next year I can guarantee I won't have the same job. I would love to meet a bunch of these folks here. After all I would love for them to get the pleasure of meeting Torch.

It will be a whirlwind trip for me this year, up Thursday head back Sunday night after the show. I'm looking forward to being able to spend the week their and take in Valdez, my guess would be in about two years. I don't have a plan for Saturday night post Airmen's show yet, it has been very busy around these parts. Stay tuned...

I'm getting my ducks in a row now. Waiting on a Passport, then the grasshopper and I are heading north(in a week or two).

You guys watch, I'll be sitting on a beach in the caribbean drinking a cold one and I'll win that airplane hahahaha

DW

Flying a smoker out of Minneapolis on Friday and returning on Tuesday. (I could only get a 4 day kitchen pass) -----Looking forward to meeting some of the members.
I too am disappointed I cannot make Valdez, but plan on attending next year!!

Hey all, I have the ticket back to Alaska that will let me into about a half an hour of the AA show on Saturday - a full visit to what ever where ever how ever the SuperCubers get together that evening and back again on Sunday to pick up another cub.

Oh yes, I have the Hawaiian shirt in the wash!

Now SJ tell me about that Saturday evening event. Why not let some of those vocal folks from Anchorage see if they can really pull together a party.

GR

Yo yo yo dawg. I am going to be off work. Anyone have a place Torch can throw a sleeping bag?

Tail burner up on the 3rd. Tail burner back on the 10th.... Will be hanging around Stoddard's and the SC.Org booths both days of the show.... Wife is tagging with me this year, have a little family in Anchorage to visit while we are there.

Brian.

Now SJ tell me about that Saturday evening event. Why not let some of those vocal folks from Anchorage see if they can really pull together a party.

This is on a need to know basis: I need to figure it out since you all need to know! It's a priority for next week. That and moving, and work, and and and and and and

I vote for a cool place like STODDARDS, or TAMARAK Air, or the Museum of flight...

Cloudy and I can drink root beer there as well as anywhere!

Ok, anywhere will be fine, I am just hoping to make it again... last minute contract came up and I could be working... might fly in for the weekend though...

So I am thinking of Saturday party, hosted by ME, (paid for by Mr. E), at my house in Haines:-?

My schedule has been constructionized to the point that I am not planning on being able to leave... and IF I get out of Juneau I will need to be in Haines working on stuff here...:cry:

Those of you planning on a coast trip, or partial coast, let me know. I will watch weather and be in Juneau for sure through Thursday, and then Haines starting friday. my plan right now is to come up and work the weekend on the house here.

We have moved most of our furniture to Haines, so it will be a sleeping bag show in Juneau. But we will have food, warm roof, showers and such. If by chance we can slip to Haines instead, well... it will be nice.

Let me know if you all can make it to my neck of the woods north or south!

See what I mean about saving my energy to protect my reputation. Weeks out and its already startin. And what's this sleepin bag deal, not even a blow up mattress?

best bring your own 'blow up' night things;-)

PLan on Haines, and I will give you your own dog house:lol:

But I will hunt for something to give Ed, he was very polite last year, even smiled at having to stay in the garage!

And by the way, Mr. E, nuttin to protect so pipe down!:puppy:

Too bad Kirby was not coming up, he could be useful with building advice...

Next year maybe!:pty:

:evil::evil:

eating dinner with a very beautiful lady... Mrs. Tango...

She proceeds to tell me that she will be at the SHOW working Saturday and Sunday... without me:-(

Would it be ok for her to attend the SC.ORG party saturday?

Where will it be?

fyi: she will be working a few hours at the State of Alaska booth.

George

Back