• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Bowman Fields (B10) Ski Plane Fly In February 12th

39-J3

FRIEND
Maine
The date is set for Bowman Fields Ski plane fly in. It will be February 12[SUP]th[/SUP] and this year we are having a Chili and Chowder cook off from 10:00 to 2:00. Currently the field conditions are good and we have about an eight inch snow base and hope to get more snow in the upcoming weeks leading up to the fly in. I will update the runway conditions as the date gets closer.

Hope to see you there!
Larry

Just a little over a week away for our annual Ski Plane fly in. Our 2,000 ft runway is in great shape for Skis only. A couple of people have asked about fuel in the area. Twitchells is about twelve minutes (J3 time) south of Bowman and they have both auto fuel and 100LL, we will also have a few gallons of 100LL at Bowman Field if needed. FMI on B10 http://www.navmonster.com/apt/B10
CIMG2096.JPG

Larry

PS... GO PATS!!!!

Attachments

• CIMG2096.JPG
    CIMG2096.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 121
I'm glad you have snow up there, we don't have any down here.

Tim

Go Giants

Bare ground here also.Wheels are back on.I could show up at Bowman though.

Bill

Drive to a fly-in?Do you have any idea how much you'd get ragged on if you DROVE to a fly-in?Never get me to do that.

Bill

I'm glad someone in the lower 48 has snow. My poor cub is just sitting in the hanger on skis, waiting...... If my skis would fit inside the cub, I'd be tempted to put her back on wheels and fly all the way out there to join you guys. I'm jealous. Have fun.

Anybody who feels snow challenged... know that they have GRASS FIRES IN CALGARY! No snow there this year!

That's funny Glenn.I wish knew Photoshop.

The one day I had on skis this year I had a blast.Hope we get a little more snow.
I may be in Bowman's neighborhood if I go to visit my grandkids.

Bill

Larry,
How much snow is there. More than 3-4 inches to stop a set of bushwheels?
John

Larry,
How much snow is there. More than 3-4 inches to stop a set of bushwheels?
John
John,
We had six inches of snow on top of a couple of inches of hard packed ice and snow on the field a couple of weeks ago and no snow since. One of the club members was going to give his bushwheels a try last weekend; I sent him an email to see how he made out I will report back when I get more info.

Larry

A Bowman Club member was doing take off and landings on Bushwheels today with no problems. He said there are a couple of tailwheel ruts in the hard packed snow that could possibly be a problem for smaller tiers.

It looks like the weather is going to be good on Sunday but cold.

Larry

Back