• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

L-4 aog

Greg Smith

Merritt Island, FL
Had a beautiful L-4 leave here (KMWO Middletown, OH) the other day. It made it to central PA on the way to its new home in New England. After a forced landing in a coal mine the wings were removed and it was trucked to Clearfield PA.

The seller asked us to go fix it, but we are hoping there is someone in central PA that is capable of and willing to repair the fuel system and re-erect the plane.

Anybody know of anyone? I'm not familiar with the area, and the seller said there are no maintenance facilities on the airport. Call or reply to this thread if you can help him out.

Thanks!

Greg Smith
Safe Skies Aviation
(513) 217-5141

Greg, you are kidding right? In central Pa there is this town, Lockhaven, and an airport "William T. Piper Airport". They have some experience with cubs. Sorry, couldn't resist. If you are close enough there is a group, AvSport of Lock Haven.

Hope that helps

Yeah, Clearfield is about 70 miles west of Lock Haven on I 80. I figure there has to be someone nearby. I am hoping that the tube and fabric capability in that area has not been lost since the great migration to Vero Beach. AvSport looks like LSA training, not so much maintenance. Do they do legacy stuff?

Had a beautiful L-4 leave here (KMWO Middletown, OH) the other day. It made it to central PA on the way to its new home in New England. After a forced landing in a coal mine the wings were removed and it was trucked to Clearfield PA.

The seller asked us to go fix it, but we are hoping there is someone in central PA that is capable of and willing to repair the fuel system and re-erect the plane.

Anybody know of anyone? I'm not familiar with the area, and the seller said there are no maintenance facilities on the airport. Call or reply to this thread if you can help him out.

Thanks!

Greg Smith
Safe Skies Aviation
(513) 217-5141

Get in touch with Paul Smith at n36973@hotmail.com He is the go to guy when it comes to L-4s. He lives in PA Hangs out on the J-3 Cub site and goes by AOP.

Looks like the seller may have found someone to fetch, fix and erect it. Won't be sure 'till tomorrow morning. we will see how it pans out. If not I will definitely call my long lost distant relatives Clyde Smith Jr. and Paul Smith.

Thanks!

Greg Smith

Back