• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Identify skis

Tim

FRIEND
Petersburgh, NY
This is a test to see if anyone knows what make these are.

Attachments

• IMAG0604.jpg
    IMAG0604.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 179
  • IMAG0606.jpg
    IMAG0606.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 158
Side note. The SC-2 are a great ski for a 1400lb and under plane, had the pleasure of playing on them for 2 winters, I loved them, they are 10" shorter then Fed 1500/1850/2000 and they can turn on a dime and give you .005 change. But don't put them on a 65hp Cub or Champ because at 12" wide you aren't going to move in heavy wet snow. but with 90 or 100 hp they are the perfect ski for a light plane.

Glenn

Are they for sale? I think they'd work real well on the -11. It would be interesting to try those v. the 1500s I have with the extended bottoms.

For all we know they are skis for a remote control airplane. Notice there are no pics showing how big they are for reference ;)

In which case we give them to Jeffrey Campbell at KMLT.....;)

They're Home made skis. I need bottoms on my skis and didn't want to do it now cause it might snow any minute(Ha). I knew about these skis and saw the owner the other day. He said use them till I get mine fixed. They look like factory skis, every rivet is equally spaced and perfect. He copied Aero 2000s. The same guy built a Champ a few years ago and built the skis for the Champ. The skis haven't been on the Champ for 5 or 6 years and the Champ hasn't flown in 6 or 7 years, he lost interest in flying.

Tim

Those are great looking skis Dave. What are they going on. 1/3 scale cub? The look pretty big for 1/4 scale. I've now got a foam RC cub. Need to find skis and floats for it. It is fun getting back to my model airplane roots, but it seems Kraft, Orbit and Proline radios are no longer made. Shoot, nothing stays the same anymore. :roll:

Bill

Bill, 1/3rd scale Federal 1500's. I had a Balsa USA 1/3rd scale Cub a guy couldn't live without so I sold it. Never had these on it. I have several parts-sets for a 1/4 scale version of the Federal 1500 here. Never got the pedestal figured out for the 1/4 scale....all of the parts are hand formed.

Back