• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Shaping the exhaust tip for more performance

Iflylower

Memphis, TN
I have a performance exhaust with two outlet pipes aimed straight down with exhaust pipe outlet perpendicular to the airflow. A guy at the airport walked up and said, "Cut those ends in a diagonal towards the back to create a low pressure to help it breathe easier and add some horsepower." Then he said look at the internet for optimal angle to shape that tip.

I've been unable to find a thing about this online or here in any searches. Any thoughts?

Lastly, I have plenty of length to pull this off as the pipes hang down a good 6 inches.

A guy at the airport walked up and said, "Cut those ends in a diagonal......... Any thoughts?

Airport guys are like that. :)
Thoughts... I do that sometimes... My 2" dual pipes kinda rapped (according to the neighbors) so I pinched 'em a bit, and drilled 9 holes in each one, bent "scoops" w/a screwdriver to make kind of a muzzle break thingie. It did help the noise issue, but don't know about the back pressure. Anyway, another idea for ya.

Exh. closeup.jpg

Attachments

• Exh. closeup.jpg
    Exh. closeup.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 161
I can tell you that the angle will change the sound (improve it in my opinion) not sure about hp??? No need to have them stick down so far. Look at a stock cub Exh pipe and copy that. Nice thing is if you don't like it they are easy and cheap to replace with a new chunk of tube welded on at the elbow.

Jason

I cut mine at diagonal. I just eyeballed it. Not sure if I gained anything but people do say my Cub sounds cool :lol:

Wouldn't make to too short otherwise like AK said, will put more junk on belly.

Back