• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New Experimental Super Cub

aeroads

SE MA
Attached is a pic of an experimental cub that started life as a Legend Texas Cub kit but I built flaps, Super Cub sized Elevators/Stabs, 48 gal of fuel using spare Maule tanks, mounted an O-235 C2C, one Emag. I installed a TruTrack but have yet to attach the servos to the cables....I don't think that I will like the servo drag. This all ends up something quite like the new Super Legend. A Dynon and 396 panel provide great entertainment. Its pleasing Cub. I've had O-320s and put an O-360 in one....all great for banner towing but the O-235 is quite adequate for east coast flat land Cub activity. Anyone contemplating a Super Legend should be happy. Maybe broke but happy. Murray Randall

Attachments

• P1010081.JPG
    P1010081.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 255
Yes I meant to say. Its an Ed Sterba 72X48 hard maple....beautiful. It only turns up 2570 RPM and climb out but is an easy 500' at the end of our 2000' grass with no wind. And this is OK by me. If/when I get Ed to do another maybe we bump it up 100 RPM. I recommend Ed's work and his costs are very fair. Murray

Where are you in Mass.? you have to bring that ship to the Wad. flyin this fall

My backyard is the grass 2000' Myricks Airport, southeastern Mass. We have a flyin scheduled Sept 18, this coming Sunday, EAA Chapter 196 sponsored! The experimental 40 hours are not flown off 235EC Myricks AP Flyin.jpg

Attachments

• Myricks AP Flyin.jpg
    Myricks AP Flyin.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 124
Don't let a little thing like hours not being flown off stop you from coming to the wad. Fly the hours off on the way up

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I'll work on it, but come on over for our gig this Sunday its a pretty low key easy time hamburgs, corn, planes, cars, motorcycles, kids, candy drop, rides

Back