• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

0-320 engine

tkj

I'm building a 32" wing span supercub with 1320 gross. what is the best model of 0-320 , a1a,a2d,etc ? has to be conical mount.

with 32" wingspan you are going to need more than 150hp to get it in the air :oops:

If you are going to stay LSA do you really need to go with an 0-320?

an A2B is probably gonna be the easiest to find that will fit the need!

Well I'll post here because I don't actually believe the weights I measured but for what it's worth: with bathroom scales: after weighing whole pallet and then pallet separately (ie minus tare) my 1956 O-320 (no a?? stamped on it) with both mags and wires, carb, old Delco-Remi starter, newer ?nav alternator, old style oil cooler, 8 spark plugs, carb heat box ,exhaust system, cooling baffles, hoses, cables (ie everything firewall forward minus engine mount, mount bolts and rubbers, prop,spinner and prop bolts) storage oil and descants in the plug holes, hollow crank shaft with plug in the end, came out to less than 300 pounds. I used 3 scales and made sure to weigh complete and tare in same locations on scales. I checked scales with known (but different) weights and they seemed fine. Still think that's light for a 150 horse stock engine. I'll be losing the starter, alternator etc and maybe go solid state on one mag (who am I kidding. I'll never spend the money and then I'd need an electrical system).

Herre are some weights:
Lycoming Engine Specs, 0-235, 0-320, 0-360.jpg

Attachments

• Lycoming Engine Specs, 0-235, 0-320, 0-360.jpg
    Lycoming Engine Specs, 0-235, 0-320, 0-360.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 134
Back