• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Inter Av Alternator Needed in Western Oregon

Trev

Willamette Valley
GOT IT FIXED

I have a PA-18 disabled in Roseburg with an Inter Av 015-1237 alternator that is testing bad. It appears to be backordered everywhere I've checked. Does anyone happen to know where I could find one on short notice?

Thanks,

Trevor

Last edited:
I'll go have a peek in the shop when I get a minute here. I know I have a new alt in a box.. can't remember which one it is.

Wayne

SORRY.. it's a Nippond - 5410

Last edited:
Hey trev, I've got the whole inter av system. I pulled it off of a 1977 cub. This is what came on the cub out of the factory...PM me if you want to buy a used serviceable unit.....I'm replacing the firewall/boot cowl during restoration, and going with the nippondenso unit....

I have a PA-18 disabled in Roseburg with an Inter Av 015-1237 alternator that is testing bad. It appears to be backordered everywhere I've checked. Does anyone happen to know where I could find one on short notice?

Thanks,

Trevor

most likely the brushes are worn out,

It really is a Motorola car alternator, and you can buy new brush plate for it(don't have part # on me), takes a little skill to get brushes in hole......

brushes same for 35 or 50 amp versions....

you can change brushes with it still on engine, tight but doable.

most likely the brushes are worn out,

It really is a Motorola car alternator, and you can buy new brush plate for it(don't have part # on me), takes a little skill to get brushes in hole......

brushes same for 35 or 50 amp versions....

you can change brushes with it still on engine, tight but doable.

Good info. We'll give that a try tomorrow.

google found some,

napa or such might have too.. or alternator rebuild shops.....

the spruce link "brush holder assembly" lists the "real" Motorola # in the beginning of description....I think... looks familiar...

IA_115-09964.jpg

http://www.google.com/search?q=interav+alternator+brushes

Last edited:
I have a brand new one with all the trimmings. I live in Sisters and could get it to you in a day. Let you have it for a fair price. Call me @541788 8792

Got it fixed. Had a problem with the alternator and the voltage regulator went bad also.

Thanks for the offers.

Back