• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Dillsburg Aero Works Winding Down Operations

Sonexpilot

Oshkosh
I tried to order a bunch of tubing a couple of weeks ago and they were out of 3/4x.035 and Charlie mentioned they would not be reordering it. Told me he was finally retiring. :sad:

Here is the article from EAA confirming the situation.
http://www.eaa.org/news/2011/2011-06-16_dillsburg.asp

Besides Aircraft Spruce and Wick's, are there any other sources for 4130 tubing that can be recommended?

I'm going to miss buying from Charlie. I once drove to his place to pick up a very large order and he gave me a tour of his airstrip and the airplanes he has built. At the time it was obvious they had not flown in quite a while and he was not planning on selling them. I thought Charlie had some relatives involved in the business but I guess there is no one to continue for him. In the last thirty years I have bought almost all of my raw materials from Charlie, many fuselages and many repairs.

The EAA article said "4130 aluminum tubing" hmmm. Anyway online metals does a good job for me. Orders over 100$ get a 10% discount.

Back