• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Water Stains

Fuel

USA
I have some gray streaks on the leading edge of my dope white wings and can't wash them out (tried every soap under the sun and even AV fuel). Was thinking about spraying a bleach solution on it and seeing if that works but figured I would ask if someone knows how it would react with the ceconite before I tried.

Harmful or harmless?

Last edited:
I've had success on gas and other stains with Krud Kutter. Bought it at Lowes.

I agree with Cruiser, Krud Kutter has my 11 almost white again after two years of oily belly. non toxic and works great. got mine at wal-mart.

I recommend "No Worries". Best thing to solve many non flight critical problems. Besides, a good layer of smashed bugs will camoflage it anyway. :)

I hope those streaks aren't, silver showing through.
If it is, a little surface prep, masking and paint will fix it.

I hope those streaks aren't, silver showing through.
If it is, a little surface prep, masking and paint will fix it.

I was thinking, if I can't get it cleaned up, it would be a good excuse to put on a coat of Poly-Tone.

With a little planning and patience, you can make that leading edge look like new.
You could make it a dark color to help melt off the frost. Black, maroon or midnight blue.

...would be a good excuse to put on a coat of Poly-Tone.

aerothane...
that whole
polytone = cohesion, (good for new fresh jobs, they MELT together)

aerothane = adhesion..... (better for repaints, and originals, they bond TO the former layer...)

Fast Orange hand cleaner without the pumice. I smear it on a carwash brush,scrub away. Rinse off with water and it looks like the day it was painted. Very good on fuel stains and naturaly grease and oil like washing your hands. I haven't tried other water soluble hand cleaners like gojo etc, it's whatever is available I suppose.

RG

aerothane...
that whole
polytone = cohesion, (good for new fresh jobs, they MELT together)

aerothane = adhesion..... (better for repaints, and originals, they bond TO the former layer...)

That's right. I remember reading that once upon a time.

Someone gave me a bottle of 3M Finesse-It II Glaze to see if it would work and BINGO this is the stuff. Went and picked up a bottle (expensive arse stuff) and it took out all the stains. I ended up having to do the whole plane because just taking out the stains made very conspicuous white patches.

SC's all cleaned up with a coat of Mothers wax. I'm ready to cruise for chicks. :lol:

Kudos to Krud Kutter :up:up:up!

I've tried many cleaners on the "Lake Hood float scum" line but nothing that has removed it with literally spray on and lightly brush/wash off like Krud Kutter has.

Thanks for the suggestion.

David

Back