• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Airframes Alaska stuts

capav8

Lee's Summit, MO
Monday I ordered the sealed struts from Airframes Alaska. Fed Ex delivered them Thursday. They look great. New 5/8ths forks, ready to bolt on. Making progress. Hope to be covering in July.

Jim

discovered a boo boo with mine on last thursday night, by tuesday had new ones all powder coated and delivered...(most of the wait was powder coater closed for weekends)

great service!

What boo boo did you find. I thought mine looked great, but then I'm not sure what to look for other than the great looking welds and those nice 5/8ths forks.

I just ordered a set for my 2+2. Greg at Airframes was great to work with. He explained (I believe in this order) that they first drill the hole at the top of the strut, powdercoat it and then put in the oil and weld the hole up. The small amount of welding doesnt' heat the strut enough to distort anything. A little dab of paint finishes it off. I think Greg said the oil they use is CorrosionX Aviation.

Called him on Tuesday, picked out the powder coat color on Wednesday and will get the struts on Monday.

Mike will correct me if I'm wrong but I think airframes are the only ones with the 4130 REAR struts too. Heavy Duty is really Heavy Duty with these. Plus, they are great guys.​

Back