• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

offtopic cell text scam!

mike mcs repair

chugiak AK
so,

FYI.... short story,
turn ON parental controls on you cell to not automatically allow text msg purchases (like tsunami relief also..)

blah blah..

GF notices charges for $9.99 on cell bill, turns out this is the 5th month of them $$... she got ATT to refund 3 of them(90 days)...

the scam is... someone sends you a text saying blah blah- text reply "STOP" to not continue this service..... and you IGNORE it like any SPAM msg, and BANG $9.99 instantly on you bill(any carrier, not just ATT)...

YOU MUST OPT OUT! of them getting your money(without ever signing up! they are just sending texts to random cell numbers!)... and ATT or whatever carrier happily takes their CUT of that 9.99...

so at the end of this, ATT played dumb, got their cut, scammers got $20 out of $50....

people with TEXTING disabled even get hit with this SCAM.......(with no way to OPT OUT!!!)

read more here..
http://www.smswatchdog.com/text-message-from/34095/6

Last edited:
This is a crazy world.

Nothing makes sense.

People will believe a lie.

People will steal from you while looking you in the eye.

Wow, this really makes me tense.

...I'm a poet.

I had unsolicited religious messages for three months. It took three calls to ATT to finally get rid of them, ......I hope.

Back