PDA

View Full Version : Monster Extended Gear

SuperCruzer
02-14-2011, 03:09 PM
I am trying to find information on the Extended Gear found on the Double Ender, and Doug Kellers Hot Rod Cub possibly a dimension and a manufacturer. Looking to use the same gear on a Smith Wide Body with a 3400 tail wheel and 35s with AOSS. Thank you

mongo
02-14-2011, 05:56 PM
I am trying to find information on the Extended Gear found on the Double Ender, and Doug Kellers Hot Rod Cub possibly a dimension and a manufacturer. Looking to use the same gear on a Smith Wide Body with a 3400 tail wheel and 35s with AOSS. Thank you

I believe Doug builds his own, pm him and ask.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

SuperCruzer
02-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Thank you for that.

gpepperd
02-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Check with Burl before you get to carried away if you want the AOSS system. He doesn't like to make the lower leg any longer than a 3" extended gear. Does any one remember the grossly extended gear that the Thomson Brothers showed up with in Gulkana sporting 6.00 x 6's for AOA but quick gyroscopic spin up?

Coyote Ugly
02-15-2011, 01:21 PM
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb." Ben Franklin

Ha... how'd I miss that one...

DW
02-15-2011, 06:52 PM
On the 3X3 gear the AOSS works just fine. Doug doesn't make them any more CC has the fixture for the 3X3

mike mcs repair
02-15-2011, 10:16 PM
On the 3X3 gear the AOSS works just fine. Doug doesn't make them any more CC has the fixture for the 3X3

one thing I have wondered about with the gear forward:

is how the geometry of the shock/strut bolts changes as it travels, since axel is now 3" in front of cabane V............

did they do something different/and or different cabane V, or just let things bind some or????????????

Bob Breeden
02-16-2011, 03:46 AM
Doug kept things in plane; he wouldn't let things bind. He put an offset block reachng rearward down at the wheel end of the gear leg.

CubCrafters puts in some flexible bushings, if I remember correctly.

The first is more rigid in a sideload, the second slighty lighter.