• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Engine mount question

robair

I am putting together a smith pa -12 Has anyone ever hear about a short or long engine mount for pa-12. What are the pro and cons . Smith provided me with with all the cowling pieces. Backcountry cub are supplying the engine mount , they said it is a zero thrust. They have made it similar to a pa -18 engine mount . The problem I am having is that ,all those cowling pieces seem to have been cut by smith to fit a long engine mount but now have a short engine mount I have looked at some pa-12 online and the engine seems to be more forward and made differently. What are the affects of having the engine forward or inward . Can you pros please help me out . This thing is driving me out of my mind.
Thank you guys.:roll:

The only mounts for the Smith are the stock with down thrust and the zero thrust. The zero thrust needs longer lower cowl braces. All of the metal for the cowl is oversize and you cut to fit. Backcountry has a video on cowl fabrication that will get you going. I wish they would just do a blueprint of the cowl assembly as it would make things a lot easier and you wouldn't have to watch the stupid video. Don
IMG_1233.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1233.JPG
    IMG_1233.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 95
..... I wish they would just do a blueprint of the cowl assembly as it would make things a lot easier and you wouldn't have to watch the stupid video. Don

cowlings are more of an art than a part.....

each one is different it seems, to make one that fits nice.....

Back