• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Updated torque tube.

mongo

So I flew with the late model style torque tube today, what a difference. With the old one I was constantly adjusting trim because the elevator effort was so high, not any more I now hardly touch it. I would recommend anyone who has the old 4-15/16" torque tube to update it, you will have a new airplane.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

I was at Recklaw 2 years ago and Steve P Flew my cub siad i needed to change that but as time went by i kinda just left it as it was.
Then one saturday I flew Lances cub with the longer tube man what a difference, out with the old and in with the new
made it like power steering even out of trim. so i second that motion if you haven't changed it just spend the cash its worth every dime it cost

I just modified the stock one, all I needed was 1-1/4" of 3/8 tube, so I'm out about $.25

Just made a new cross tube in the control stick pivot and brushing for the torque tube.
So my control stick pivot now has both locations.
I then just trimed the torque tube down and welded in new bushings. I only did the front so I didn't have to worry about the rear stick hitting the back of my seat when its installed.

444d4eb8-0c39-b6a4.jpg

What is the difference between the J3 torque tube and the PA18? Can a J3 torque tube be modified to work in an 18?

Do you need to have the bent sticks when upgrading to the late model torque tube? Does anyone know how an O-320 powered PA-12 flies with the later model torque tube as compared to the original torque tube?

The rear stick must be bent to clear the front seat but I didn't bend the front stick and I'm glad I didn't, works great form my big ass.

Back