PDA

View Full Version : Started on my experimental

SkwentnaMan
10-24-2010, 02:09 AM
Hey all,

Well I finally got around to starting on my project. Bought it about 7 months ago but summer in Alaska is made to be spent outdoors.

I'll try and post my progress at this link.
http://wagaeroproject.blogspot.com/2010/10/post-1.html

Thanks for looking.

Bugs66
10-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Excellent! Remember, at least 15 minutes everyday!

Bushwhacker Air
10-24-2010, 03:35 PM
You have a great start. One bite of the elephant at a time.......

Marty57
10-24-2010, 04:41 PM
I looked at your pictures, it looks great. I think it took me about a year and a half on my 2+2 to get to your starting point so a good buy I'd say. Keep at it each day and make good decisions on purchase vs building of parts. I just finished the 10 hangers for flaps and ailerons; took me about 6 weeks as that work thing keeps getting in the way. I could have bought them from Wag but way more than I wanted to pay. But, lots of time. Looking Good!
Marty

snowyriver
10-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Welcome to the world of crazy! Seriously, there are so many reasons to build your own plane. My main two are I did not want to be in debt for a plane and I like to build things. The debt reason held up until I needed an engine <grinning> but any reasons to build are good ones!

Check out my non-cub site if you like. It's a Murphy Rebel almost ready to fly. Craig www.alaskanrebel.com

snowyriver
10-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Welcome to the world of crazy! Seriously, there are so many reasons to build your own plane. My main two are I did not want to be in debt for a plane and I like to build things. The debt reason held up until I needed an engine <grinning> but any reasons to build are good ones!

Check out my non-cub site if you like. It's a Murphy Rebel almost ready to fly. Craig www.alaskanrebel.com

SkwentnaMan
10-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Snowyriver,

Thanks for the link to your site, looks good and your almost there.

flathorn
10-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Skwentna Man,

Did your Father run powered barges on the Big Su? If I got the right guy you were along on a load into Flathorn Lake along with my wife ,oldest son and my Father and a buddy. Your Father lost a bearing on his outdrive and we towed the whole load in with our jet boat. Just putting two and two together , along with your first name and location. Did I get the right guy?Probably 20 plus years ago.
I looked at your website, and am working on an identical plane and it is just about at the same point as yours.
Byron Miller

SkwentnaMan
10-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Hey flathorn,

Yes I remember the load we took into Flathorn. Do you still have a cabin there? Small world.