• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

My new ride

gpepperd

Wasilla, Alaska
Just finished my PA-12 clone "Caribou Cruiser" in time for hunting season in Alaska-Yeh!! Been a long hard road as those that know me will attest.
N907gp_005.jpg

N907GP_001.jpg

N907GP_003.jpg

That's a great looking plane. What are the technical details? Are those slots or slats? Is that a -12 wing or an -18 wing? Looks like -18 gear, but I can't tell if it's AOSS or hydrasorbs. Is that a lumber rack I see? The rudder looks oversized - or is that just distortion from the camera lens? What's in the panel? Inquiring minds want to know!

PAINT

Love the paint job. The darker colors used on the AK planes look great. Too much boring white down here in the south 48.

Thank you all for your compliments. Cool features other than shiny paint are as follows.

Leading edge slats from Backcountry cub- very nice!
lowered rear wing fittings to match SC AOI
AOSS suspension system- very, very, very nice!
Empty weight 0f 1247# on 35" tires & w/slats - 2150# gross
0-320 E2A w/ 10:1 pistons & "Hot Rod" exhaust( Steve @ FA Dodge)
3" enlarged rudder & elevators from Atlee Dodge
Crosswinds STOL style enlarged door-very, very, nice!
Increased chord on flaps & ailerons by 2"
Carbon Fiber tank covers & floorboards by Randy @ Plaschem
Aveo flash LED Nav/Strobe lights-very nice

Instruments_001.jpg

New Plane

Very well done. You can tell alot of thought went into your plane. The dash is so clean and simple. The color's are striking and one of a kind.
Could you tell us more about the wings. How it flys and landing speeds ect. Almost a shame to put a moose in the back, but thats what its built for and will do a good job. Have fun and be careful.

Bill

Beautiful Cruiser!!!!

By chance were you at Suburban purchasing fuel yesterday?

David :cheers

It may be named Caribou Cruiser but it'll always be the Wolf Killing Machine to me. :D

I really really like that panel. Less is more. Besides, digital is a word my Doctor uses and it makes me uncomfortable!!!!

Stewart

Greg, wow! A beautiful finished airplane sitting there~!!!!!

Are slats the most fun new thing or what? You can HANG THERE, and she's still flying, no problem.

Nice to see a simple panel in a new Cub these days.

Did I miss the radio somewhere? You must have put it somewhere, because I heard you call "...Jackfish Traffic, Experimental XXXGP..." on 122.9 last week, and I knew it was you.

You Jackfish boys know how to do it right!!! Cool place to live, lots of good people around, as far as I can tell. Good on Ya.

More Photos?? I'm sure I am not the only one who wants you to hone your photo-post skill so we can see more. Thanks.

DAVE

VERY interested to hear a review on the new AOI......

Great Alaska PA12 name as well.

Back