• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

bungee type gear

capav8

Lee's Summit, MO
I have a set of pacer gear to use to modify for my project. I want the cub type bungee gear. Would some of you please send me some pictures to build from.

Jim

What is your project, Pacer or Cub? You would be better off selling the Pacer gear and buying Super Cub gear with the profit. Pacer gear is $1100 each and a lot different from Cub gear. The gear fittings are way closer together on a Pacer vs a Cub plus the way the hydrosorb attaches. Cub gear is much more robust for off field work. In fact there is an STC to install Cub gear on the Pacer. http://trimmeraviation.com/gear.html

The project is the converted tripacer. I know the gear are different. I was only going to use the pacer gear to make a jig. I don't want the fairings and holes in the bottom to let in water. The obsorbtion will be external like the cub. I just need something to build from if you could help with some pics. Die spring or bungee. Which is best. Is "best" an opinion, I don't know. The guys around here really value your input. I could use some of that input at this point.
As for the pacer gear, they are the original gear. I offered them to a guy for 300 bucks for the pair and he said no thanks.

Jim

100_1032.jpg

100_1033.jpg

If you have the hydrosorb units from the Tri-Pacer/Pacer I would use them and bungees just like a Super Cub. These pictures are of Steve Bryant's Producer. I think he is using the front gear fitting like a Pacer and the rear gear fitting from the Tri-Pacer and making a gear with attach points farther apart. You should be able to sell a good set of Pacer not Tri-Pacer gear for well over $300. If you dont have any takers I will buy it. Just spent a day rebuilding a wrecked one.

That would be perfect. I need to see how to attach to the V. How do we test the hydrosorbs. I have no idea how old they are or if they are any good.

aktango58,
I may take you up on that - - - ohhh the shipping from AK - - - and back $$$

Thanks Steve,
Do you have any pics of the structure showing details for me to build from. The last shot of the gear shows a 3rd tube on the gear. Did I see this correctly. The attach structure for the bungee/hydrosorb leaves a question also. I don't think I have anything locally to look at. Maybe you have some shots way back on your hard drive.

bungee drawing 12998

google Christian Sturm supercub project, go to his site, hit the drawings button, accept, enter 12998 into the search box and that is I think what you are looking for. You can also enter either "landing gear" or "shock" in the search box for other drawings of the gear. Hope this helps. dave

capav8 said:

AAHHH, another satisfied customer.

I wonder if SJ ever DREAMED that SCub.org would be such a great resource?!!

Sign on garbage truck: SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR DOUBLE YOUR GARBAGE BACK

I don't know, but it sure has been a great help to me and many others as well. Does he still live in the kansas city area. I'm in lee's summit, at lxt. Just outside KC,MO.

Thanks again for all the help guys.
Beers on me when I get there.

I am the cheapest guy ever.. All the years I thought about building a plane I never bought any plans. Found his site and started building and what fun it has been! I did donate $5 bucks for the search feature. Prolly be due to paypal another 5 soon.

NimpoCub said:
AAHHH, another satisfied customer.

I wonder if SJ ever DREAMED that SCub.org would be such a great resource?!!

Sign on garbage truck: SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR DOUBLE YOUR GARBAGE BACK

Back