• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

I need a Picture

wec502

South Dakota
I am building the fin for a Wag Aero balanced tail group and I would like to see what a particular joint looks like covered. It is the place where the Fin top rib and the LE tube are welded. Reference Piper dwg. 40592 "Fin Assembly"; Fig. 2. I seems to be a place that would not cover smoothly.

It will probably make more sense if I can see it. If someone can direct me to a close-up picture, I would greatly appreciate it.

No, it is at the top of the fin where the leading edge is welded to the top rib. It just looks like there will be a squared off bulge there unless you do something to it before covering. I have never really paid attention to that spot and don't remember how it looks.

Is this what you re looking for?
060700_0911_00_.jpg

060700_0910_00_.jpg

My corner weld looks just like the one posted here. My 2+2 drawings show that 1/8" hole through the side of the top rib just aft of the weld you are looking at. What is that hole for? And what about the hole further aft on top of the top rib; what is that one for also? My plans show the holes but no explanation at all and I don't have a clue.
Thanks,
Marty

I thought it was for something like that. I left them off my fin. Thanks for the info :D
Marty57

Yes! that is the perfect picture. The overlap I see in the piper dwgs is cleaned up smooth.

That is what I had hoped to see, thank you!

Todd

Back