• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Goodyear brake question

trampdrvr

central New York
I've got a set of goodyear disc brakes and the seal(o-ring) went bad and started to leak. Does anyone know where to get a new set of o-rings or something that would work? I tried using an o-ring made of bunna and it worked for a day or two but then started leaking. I'm using 5606 fluid. Thanks in advance

GaryC

o-ring

Hi Gary. Go to your local hydraulic shop and ask for 4-108 Quad rings. Use two per side. Two for each connection. Jerry B.

It looks pretty simple just two o rings in the caliper but I'm thinking the 5606 doesn't like the bunna and I don't think neoprene would work either.

Get a Univair catalog, look in the brake section and determine which goodyear brake your dealing with. Champ brakes use 2 different O rings per brake. Could be a MS28775-224 or AN6227-29 or AN6230-3 depending on which model brake you have. Jim

I don't think Buna N is incompatible with 5606. We use it for the master cylinder diaphragms in both 5606 and Dot 5 brake installations.

bob turner said:
I don't think Buna N is incompatible with 5606. We use it for the master cylinder diaphragms in both 5606 and Dot 5 brake installations.
Buna N is the material that the O rings in the North River Brake Boosters are made of. I have never heard of any 5606 problems with them.

Back