PDA

View Full Version : Need Correct landing light angle for approach

Fortysix12
05-01-2010, 12:38 PM
What are the anlges for landing and taxi light in relation to level,landing taxiing? Anything published here or in another airplanes manual?

Rob
05-01-2010, 11:46 PM
I fly at night a bit, and here's the way that works best for me...I tend to have my landing lights about a degree or two less than level with the wing, and the taxi light a degree or two less than level in the three point position.
In this position the taxi lights are still not 'optimum' for taxiing, but they will suffice, however on landing, if you have both the taxi, and landing lights on in these positions, your taxi lights will illuminate directly in front of you, (think immediate obstructions) and your landing lights will see out ahead.
The landing lights are also not optimized for straight and level in this position, but the peripheral is good enough to illuminate wires, at ag plane level... This makes the two meet in an oblong fashion, while landing or straight and level.
Works for me, but everyone has their own preferences...

take care, Rob

Fortysix12
05-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks Rob,

I change the title a bit hoping for more input. I'm mounting a landing light on belly pod and only have one chance to get it correct.