• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Oil Cooler Repair Facility?

aviationinfo

Southwest WA
I need a recommendation for a shop to send my oil cooler to for repair in the lower 48. Looks to me like perhaps the biggest is Pacific Oil Cooler?

Thx.

I used Pacific several years ago and they were just fine. No problems and they seemed like nice folks. I drove down to drop the cooler off and got a nice shop tour and explanation of what they did.

Tom

I had a Pacific Oil Cooler installed in my supercub a few years ago, it sprung a leak on the first flight and I had to resort to asking my attorney to write a letter on my behalf to get them to pay a portion of what it cost to tear down the engine and have it inspected (the engine had only about 20 hours since overhaul). Very bad experience, at least for me.

Went with a company from Texas when the engine was put back together and it went without a hitch.

Might have been an isolated event, but it was not a good one for me. I won't do business with them again.

Randy

Whats the cost difference between new and overhauled?

Can they guarantee an overhaul will have every spec of dirt and junk removed??

Back