PDA

View Full Version : Super cub got wet

bixing
04-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Hey guys,

I am new to the world of flying planes. I have a super cub that I accidently flew in water. I took it out and let it dry. Ever since, rest of the controls work except the motor. As soon as I connect the battery, it just keeps running. I cannot control anything like speed /turn on /off but I can control the rudders and ailerons. I opened the fuselage and disconnected the motor once and reconnected it, it still starts running as soon as I connect the battery.
Any advice would be appreciated to get my lovely plane back in the air.

Thanks

Bix

Roger Peterson
04-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Must be talking about a toy plane. Big ones don't fly in the water very well.

SteveE
04-04-2010, 03:01 PM
We could take it up about 3000 feet and throw it out... You could control it on the way down.... :D

Tim
04-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Take the solenoid off and take it to NAPA, maybe they can match it up with a new one 8)

gbflyer
04-04-2010, 03:17 PM
My son flies those things, they are a handful for me. Very intimidating. I will be flying along just fine and then I some how end up in a "death spiral" every time. He has to bail me out...gets a real kick out of it.

I would suspect that your speed controller is toast. Check http://www.hobbyzone.com They have parts for the battery powered cubs.

gb

aktango58
04-04-2010, 03:45 PM
My son flies those things, they are a handful for me. Very intimidating. I will be flying along just fine and then I some how end up in a "death spiral" every time. He has to bail me out...gets a real kick out of it.

gb

:lol: :lol: Maybe you should stick with the 206! :lol: :lol:

Spring is here, saw two coyotes today

tcraft128
04-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Sounds to me like the speed controller is toast. It has the BEC and the motor controller on the same board. Get a new one. Also, this is a "full scale" cub site. Try www.rcgroups.com. They will have a lot more info about fixing models than some of these guys!! But when you get a real cub, come on back and join in on the fun.

WileyHunter
04-04-2010, 05:06 PM
I'll and a +1 to your speed controller being fried... but I'll recommend Tower Hobbies, they're my "go to" place for everything R/C.

http://www.towerhobbies.com

And STAY OUT OF THE RAIN!!!

bixing
04-04-2010, 05:47 PM
WOW!

I am just amazed at the number of replies I got in few hours..... Thank you guys..Seems like this is the most helpful forums of all various forums!

I will follow your advice. Hopefully, I will be back to this forum at some point.

Have fun with your planes till then

scubber
04-04-2010, 07:00 PM
If it is the first Hobby Zone Super Cub, White with red trim, and registration number N3419P, I own and fly the Real N3419P Super Cub. As far as I know . . it hasn't been . . and hopefully never will be . . in the "drink".
Larry Ciszak

eskflyer
04-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Hey Larry to set the record straight. The plane has been upside down in the water on its back on skis. and hung out to dry for 2 weeks in the top of a big tree> lol < OHHH yeah this is the r/c version . Glad to hear yours the real McCoy has never been wet.

FLy safe
John

gbflyer
04-04-2010, 09:01 PM

gb

:lol: :lol: Maybe you should stick with the 206! :lol: :lol:

Spring is here, saw two coyotes today

I can't fly that thing either, just kind of herd it around. :D

Spring indeed. Seeing porcupines, and a couple of the swans have returned. Spent Easter Sunday on yard patrol with the family picking up all the winter debris that has a habit of collecting.

Dave Calkins
04-05-2010, 10:33 AM
New speed control/reciever's are cheap for those things.

If it's the red and white Cub, think about buying the reciever for the blue and white Cub. The Blue and white uses a Lithium Polymer battery pack at higher voltage on the same motor with different prop. It has at least 50 percent more power, and that is a conservative estimate. It's probably more like twice the power.

Any of you guys that can't fly these would do just fine if someone gave you about 2 minutes of dual. And they are TONS of fun, cheap, handle crashing well, with inexpensive parts available, have floats and skis, Tundra tires, different props, extended baggage, G-696, autopilot, etc :D Okay, I was joking about the 696 and extended baggage.

don d
04-05-2010, 05:33 PM
had a RC helicopter that went in the lake. Fished it out the next day with a fishing pole. Electronics didn't work after that either.

Dave Calkins
04-06-2010, 12:44 AM
had a RC helicopter that went in the lake. Fished it out the next day with a fishing pole. Electronics didn't work after that either.

My experience with wet r/c electronics is that you get the battery unhooked as soon as possible, then take the case off of it and let the stuff dry out for a week. For me, it usually works after drying out.

If it goes in salt water, it's probably toast. :onfire:

SJ
04-07-2010, 05:43 AM
Cafi19 is an expert at washing ipods and drying them out... just ask Billy.. :lol:

sj

Flying Miss Daisy
04-07-2010, 06:34 AM
I heard young Bill had an I pad on his Christmas list :o I wonder if it will fit in the washing machine :lol: :lol:

cafi19
04-07-2010, 07:04 AM
Let's hope not John.

I think his most recent Ipod is safe for a while....at least until the end of the school year anyway. :-?

You guys are great. Even the RC guys get what they need from you! :up :up Very cool!

cafi

Flying Miss Daisy
04-07-2010, 07:09 AM
Hey Mom,
Have you seen the televsion...you know the new 42" flatscreen.

Well Bill the screen had some dust on it so I ........... :evil: :oops: :bad-words: :agrue:

cafi19
04-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Hey John?

Did you find the keys to the truck??

Now be nice!!! :D

cafi