• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

F M engine oil filter adapter on a o 200

dynoluc

timmins ONT
i installed a fm engine oil filter adapter on a Continental o 200 and my oil pressure is a 100 psi on start up 600 rpm at - 1 celcius 15w50 oil
check with another gauge
check oil pressure release valve
remove oil screen
remove oil cooler
and still high oil pressure . after engine oil tempature goes to 100 + the oil pressure drops in the normal range

fm engine oil filter adapter on a Continental o 200

the filter is a tempest p/n AA48108

my engine has 900 hours

Just looking at ACS catalog and I would guess it should be a 48110
DaveG

fm engine oil filter adapter on a Continental o 200

I went to check out some oil filters at a aviation place and the CH48110 is a male end on the oil filter. I need a female on the filter for the FM adapter.
I would like to know the differents between the Tempest AA48108 and the Champion CH48108-1 is there a differents for oil pressure release valve?

Did you try another 108 filter, I think there is a check valve in the filter to stop the oil from running back into the engine after shutdown and it might be sticking shut untill the oil warms up freeing it, try another filter.

Glenn

Just got Tempest TAF-L filter to put on C90 on 1957 PA18. Finally have gotten tired of pulling screen at every annual. Went to just bolt up and surprise cylinder baffle in way so needs to be modified. Has anyone else had to do this and if so any pictures to see what it should kinda look like. I have been searching the form and see number of people put them on different aircraft but no real info on doing it or issues they ran into to complete the install.

I have the TAF oil filter STC on my 0-200 powered PA-11. I have owned the cub for about four months now. Over the past few weeks my oil pressure has been dropping off, at Idle it went down to 0 pounds of pressure,,, not good. I changed the oil and filter this past weekend and no change. I pulled the pressure relief valve to see if it was clean and working properly. It looked good. I then figured I would check to see if the screen was still in ( as I thought with a spin on oil filter the screen would have been removed) It was plugged solid with carbon build up and other crud. I bet it hasn't been removed since the engine was overhauled 700 hrs ago. My question is,, Should the screen be left in or removed? From what I have read from F&M, it can be left in but must be written in the log books that is still installed and removed at every oil change. Doesn't that defeat the ease and purpose of having the spin on oil filter?

Larry.

I removed the screen when I installed my spin-on filter. This very helpful walk-through shows that there is nothing important between the oil screen and the aftermarket oil filter. http://150cessna.tripod.com/oilflow.html

So I guess the only reason you would leave the screen in is if you like to wear a belt along with your suspenders, and want to practice safety wiring in tight quarters every 25 hours.

So now I’m curious. As most know I have been having big problems with my 0-200 puking tons of oil. A quart an hour. We did a top overhaul, new crank seal and even put an oil separator on. Still puked oil.

Now I’m wondering if the completely plugged oil screen would creat crankcase pressure causing the oil to blow out the vent tube?

It’s going to be a week or so before I get back to the airport for a flight and find out.

Larry.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Back