• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cabane Attach Bolts

Jim Miller

Normandy TN
Early supercubs had 1/4" Cabane to fuselage bolts as I understand it. What was the gross weight of the early SC? The reason I ask is on my exp I have the 5/16 but in the Testerman Gear mode the bolts have to be
1/4". I bushed the Cabane strut down to 1/4 and can remove this bushing for 5/16 when using tailwheel. Should I be OK with the 1/4" operating at 1320 gross in a mildly stressed plane operating from smooth asphalt or grass runways?

My '51 L-21A has -4 cabane V bolts an operates at a 1500lb gross weight. :D The airframe has well over 6000 hours on it and the only issue is a slightly elongated hole on one attach bracket and both strut ends. I can't imagine 1320lbs will be a problem. I'm in the process of upping the gross on mine to 1750lbs and part of the STC requires I get a new cabane V and struts with hydrasorbs and go to -5's.

That's good news. I didn't want to mod the testerman part as someday it could be used on a certified cub.

Back