• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Interior panels for SQ2

d_kandle

FRIEND
Idaho
I just placed my order for an SQ2. I didn't include the interior panels as I thought they should be easy to fabricate and I wasn't sure I wanted them to completely cover the interior.
My plan was to cover only those areas of the interior that I felt needed it. This would be where something might poke the exterior fabric or hang up some control cable, as well as in the baggage area. I did not think it would be needed to cover the top of the cargo area, or other locations where there was little exposure to damage.
Are these correct assumptions, or is there a good reason I should cover the entire interior with aluminum panels (as it appears the panel kit from Backcountry Super Cubs seems to do)?

Did you save much by deleting those? It took me a good month to fabricate all my interior panels to my satisfaction. I might have kept them.

make them from poster board & masking tape first.... don't like the fit, cut section out tape new piece in... repeat till happy.....

usually a day job once you have your patterns happy to make the real aluminum parts for a normal -18...

fabric interior was a bad idea from the cotton days, when you would be opening the plane up for insp & recover often.....

Made mine with "doorskins" (that ultraskinny plywood) and some very light naugahide. Easy to work with, light, looks nice, easy to keep clean. If I ever go to Valdez I can pop it out. :)

My ext. bag area is just plywood floor too, (w/tie-downs) I saw no reason to carry the weight of sides & top.

Back